Google Extensions- Extensions are pieces of software that you can add right into your Chrome browser. Most of these extensions are available in other places but having them immediately accessable within your browser makes them very convienient to use. Here are a few I have used and/or have heard of.
Instructions for installing extensions.
- Grammarly-Check grammar and spelling as you type
- SpeakIt-Text to speach
- Google Classroom- Quick access to your classroom
- Kami-PDF and annontation mark up tool
- Google Translate- speak a thousand languages!
- AdBlock- Do you know those annoying adds that show up on webpages? Get rid of them!
Add-ons- An add-on works directly in your Google Doc, Google Slide or Google Sheet.
1) Go to your favorite Google App such as Google Docs
2) Click the Add-on link in the Toolbar at the top of the page.
3) Click get add-ons Do a serach for your favorite activity.
For Google Docs
- EasyBib- Citations made really easy
- Orange Slice- Make a gradable rubric right in your Google doc
- Revision Assistant- A set of canned rubrics
- g(Math)- An easy way to create equations, graphs, stats, quizzes right in a Google Doc
- Thesaurus- just as the name implies
- Kaizena- Voice comments.